Online Job Portals Are Useless, Aren’t They?

by Noc Team on June 8, 2010

With the growing number of online job portals, applying for a job has become extremely trouble-free. The way they are reaching out to the masses and helping them in gaining suitable jobs is truly commendable. Candidates from all over the country have been able to apply for better positions. What is your opinion in this regard? In order to have your opinion we invite you to enter our survey and provide us with your valuable opinion.

Helping individuals reach out to top organizations and vice versa has brought about a sudden change in the way hiring is being conducted nowadays. It is quick, easy and costly at the same time. We asked many people how these online job portals have helped them.

But there were many who were completely against them and had already removed their CVs from the online world due to many reasons. Below is the set of questions which will help us in evaluating where exactly do these job portals stand today.

Below are the results of the survey which was conducted 8th June- 15th June 2010.

Have the online job portals helped you in acquiring a suitable job?

1. Yes
  2. No

Do you think it is safe to put your information online?

1. There is no harm as long as it is beneficial in job offers.
  2. Absolutely! I was offended, so I removed my information from the web.

Do companies posting jobs offer a positive response in a timely fashion?

1. Yes
  2. No

How many times have you been offered a job in complete contrast to what had earlier been applied?

1. No, never
  2. Yes, sometimes. At least I did receive a call for an interview
  3. All the time and it is highly frustrating

Do you put your CV on almost every job portal?

1. Yes
  2. No, are you crazy?

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Umer Saleem June 8, 2010 at 5:45 PM

there is absolutely no doubt about their usability. I found my job through them

Salman June 8, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I had to lift my CV from the job portal due to the fact that companies were calling me out of nowhere. Though it is goos for the newbies, but highly irritating for me.

Irfan Ahmad June 9, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Highly recommended. These are very usable I found many jobs through these portals. I get responses also. Those who say these are not helping at all they must be lacking to advertise themselves. There must me deficiency in their resume or cover letter. At least I have got every job through these job portals or social networking sites.

Aamir Mushtaq June 9, 2010 at 6:13 AM

O comeon guys, these job portals are just useless. A very attractive CV with excellent cover letter, looking for job since two years but still not get a single interview call from anywhere. I dont know what is right and what is wrong, but for the time being these job portals are just a worst way of advertisement for the companies and thats it!

Warfi June 9, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Dear Aamir,

Your feedback as per your experiences with them is right. At the same time, lets see how many people got benefit from it as well. There might be some problem in the targeted opportunities or your CV and Cover letter needs assistance from some experts.

W@rfi

Aamir Mushtaq June 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Hi Warfi,

Thanks for your comments. To some extent you are true but my friend you will find lots of people with good qualification but jobless, reason being they have no reference. The country like pakistan, you get the job ONLY AND ONLY through reference.
I have been in professional life since 8 years and this is my experience i am sharing with you. I just pray for everyone and my best wishes!

ALLAH HU KHAIR UN RAZIKEEN

Warfi June 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM

BTW you may contact me and I may advice you on your CV and stuff.

W@rfi

Aamir Mushtaq June 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM

what is your email address ?

Aamir Mushtaq June 10, 2010 at 1:03 PM

waseem,

I have added you on linkedin. will talk about resume and everything in detail.

Ayesha June 13, 2010 at 10:09 PM

they are quite useful, even I got my first/current job via Rozee. Job portals are of great help indeed!

Aliya June 16, 2010 at 3:44 AM

They are useful upto certain extent. Specially for newbies, like me.
Although, I didn’t get much of good offers via web but have seen many people around who have benefited from these online opportunities.

the worst part about these portals is that many non-serious recruiters also post jobs onto them. And what makes it even worse is that they look for the people with high qualifications and good experience. What the hell they look for in others, if they haven’t got any appropriate posts?

But despite all the hitches, I support the online recruitment facilities.

ahsan June 17, 2010 at 6:04 AM

sure they are usefull.

Zeshan November 10, 2010 at 4:57 AM

@all
And what about the privacy issue? Is our information safe on these job portals or they do sell it to third parties?
Share your experience and everything what you know about it!

Reyasat Khan November 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM

soem time the job portal is so gud, but i did not recive any responce please gudie me, i am doing Master of Computer science (last semster), if any body have any idea please share me,

a lot of thanks to everyone

REYASAT